The Benefits of Going GREEN:
As an EcoBroker®, the environment is one of my biggest concerns. My focus in Real Estate is on conservation, energy efficiency, alternative fuel sources, and how I, as a Real Estate Professional, can help promote a more eco-friendly world.
Wouldn’t you like to live in a well-built home that’s environmentally sound and offers low (or no) utility bills? Who wouldn’t want a home that is kind to the wallet, good for the body, comforting to the soul, and gentle to the earth for decades to come?
You might be wondering… What can I do right now? From energy-efficient appliances and windows, to passive solar heating…. from re-insulating your home , to Xeriscaping… from alternative building materials, flooring, and decking to instantaneous water heaters, there are literally hundreds of things you can do. I am happy to provide you more extensive information on any of these things, and much much more. You might even be able to finance your improvements by getting an “Energy Efficient Mortgage”.
If you’re not quite ready for such an extensive undertaking, there are also a lot of much simpler things you can do to help not only the environment, but your bottom line as well. One thing is to replace your incandescent light bulbs with CFL’s (Compact Fluorescent Lights). By replacing 20 bulbs in your home, you can save $180 off of your electricity bill annually! Replacing these same 20 bulbs will also prevent 1686 lbs PER YEAR of pollution from entering the atmosphere!! For an average investment of just $100 to $150, your investment in CFL’s will more than pay you back the FIRST YEAR!! Please read my blog for more ideas, It is continually updated with eco-friendly suggestions.
CLICK HERE to calculate your carbon footprint, and learn how you can take simple steps to reduce your impact on the environment
CLIXK HERE to view a great article I found, about how Utah’s Ski Industry is doing their part to reduce their carbon footprint!
Why Work With An EcoBroker®??
- EcoBrokers® Know more about the potential monthly savings or costs of a home: I have an understanding of energy efficiency and the costs or savings associated with insulation, windows, appliances, heating and cooling systems, and other features of your home that affect your monthly bottom line.
- EcoBrokers® Know more about indoor air quality and healthy environments: I can help you address environmental issues including: indoor air quality, ventilation, use of low VOC paints, quality radon testing, and reliable water testing.
- EcoBrokers® Consider building orientation and natural landscaping features: I understand energy savings that can be derived from proper building orientation and daylighting, overhangs, and placement of trees (for shading and windbreaks).
- EcoBrokers® Find homes with “green” features easily, on EcoBroker.com: I can help you search for new homes and information on the EcoBroker.com site.
- EcoBrokers® Get the most from your home or property sale: I understand energy efficiency and environmental features of homes. Working with your local me ensures you are working with someone who can highlight these attributes and their value.
- EcoBrokers® communicate the energy cost savings of your home: I can help you highlight energy-efficient features in your home that may help you get the best price for your property.
- EcoBrokers® communicate to buyers the indoor air quality and health benefits of your property or building: I can help you highlight healthy features of your home’s indoor environment.
- EcoBrokers® emphasize building orientation and landscaping features: I understand how to properly highlight favorable building orientation and landscaping, when marketing your home.
- EcoBrokers® differentiate Your Listing: Working with an me helps you market your property to the growing number of green-minded consumers and gets your listing the attention it deserves!